USDA Child & Adult Care Food Program







• What is the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program?

The program reimburses family child care providers for part of the cost of meals they serve to children and ensures that well-balanced, nutritious meals are served. The program also provides nutrition education to providers and children. The Child and Adult Food Program is a federally-funded program. Your tax dollars return to your community when you participate in the program.


 How do I sign up with the food program?

Contact Mid-Columbia Community Action Council (MCCAC) at 541 298-5131 ext. 202. A representative from MCCAC will make an appointment to visit your home. During the visit they will explain the rules, requirements and sign you up to participate on the program. You may sign up with only one sponsor.

Providers need to have a current Registered or Certified Family Child Care License with the Oregon Child Care Division to participate in the program. If not registered, you may be eligible if you are providing care in your own home and are receiving payment from the state to care for a child.


 • Is the paperwork difficult?

No. Providers are required to keep simple records. They record the foods served to the children, the meals each child was served, and child attendance. Providers also obtain food program child enrollment forms from each parent. Providers send their food program records to the sponsor each month.


 • What do I need to feed the children to be reimbursed for meals?

Meals must meet simple requirements. Providers must serve a variety of foods and your sponsor will provide you with detailed information. A sample breakfast could be: Milk, Banana, and Cereal.

Sponsors provide recipe and menu ideas, a list of foods that count on the program, and a easy-to read food chart that shows the meal requirements.


• How many meals can I be reimbursed for each day?

Providers may claim a maximum of 2 meals and 1 snack OR 2 snacks and 1 meal per child per day.

Some providers may be able to receive reimbursement for some of the meals served to their own children. The sponsor will help each provider to see if they qualify.


 • How much money will I receive?

Providers are classified as Tier 1 or Tier 2, based on income factors.

Reimbursement rate for qualifying meals served is:

     Tier 1   Tier 2

Breakfast . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .      $1.28     $0.47

Lunch/Supper . . . . . . . . . . . .       $2.40     $1.45

Snack . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .        $0.71     $0.19

 When will I receive the money?

Generally, 3-4 weeks from the time you submit records to your sponsor. Sponsors mail checks to providers within five working days from the time they receive their money from Oregon Department of Education.


The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.) 


If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at 

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.  

For more information contact call 541-298-5131, and ask for the USDA Child & Adult Care Food Program Representative

Heidi Adams

CACFP Coordinator/RFB Coordinator


  MCCAC is an equal opportunity employer


Back to Top

For technical questions and comments regarding this website,
please contact the Webmaster.