"To alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty in Wasco, Hood River and Sherman Counties."
The purpose of this Corporation shall be the promotion of self sufficiency in families and individuals within the low income economic range residing in the three county area, consisting of Wasco, Hood River and Sherman Counties in Oregon. To this goal, the Corporation shall attempt to:
- Focus available Federal, State and local government and private resources.
- Provide planning and program developing assistance.
- Develop and implement innovative approaches to alleviate the causes and consequences of poverty.
- Evaluate and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of programs.
- Encourage beneficiaries of such programs to take advantage of opportunities for employment and self advancement.
- Stimulate the interest and meaningful participation of low income families and individuals.
- Encourage a more active role by public officials, private, religious, charitable and neighborhood organizations, individual citizens and others able to provide employment and self advancement opportunities or otherwise influence the quality of services of concern to the poor.